We’re committed to minimising the environmental impact of our work, wherever possible. Take a look at our environmental policy below for details of the steps we’re taking to reduce our carbon footprint across all areas of the business.
We aim to:
- Reduce pollution, emissions and waste to levels that reduce impacts on the environment.
- Comply with legislation, and continually improve our performance against codes, consents and directives issued as local, national and European directives.
- Execute operational emergencies that may impact on the environment.
- Operate in a socially responsible manner.
- Manage waste generated from our business according to principles of reduction, reuse and recycling.
- Reduce, where possible, our consumption of resources and improve efficiency where resources are used.
- Ensure environmental considerations are given when purchasing goods and services.
To achieve our aims, we will:
Operate a management system across all business functions that conforms to the requirements of BS EN ISO 14001:2004 and to attaining the highest possible standards of environmental, health and safety and quality performance.
- Apply strict environmental controls throughout our business.
- Seek to design, operate and maintain our equipment to the highest possible standards in order to meet our environmental objectives.
- Implement new technology to improve working practices.
- Set and monitor key objectives for our environmental performance.
- Raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees in environmental matters.
- Communicate environmental aims and objectives to employees and external stakeholders.
- Review our environmental policy regularly.